Independent Press Gallery of Canada
The Independent Press Gallery of Canada (IPG) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to independent, non-governmental journalist organisations. IPG helps protect the rights of journalists and promote a culture of free and independent media in Canada.
Independent media is more important than ever.
Canadians deserve truthful, fair, accurate, neutral and balanced reports about our country and its governments.
Membership in the Independent Press Gallery of Canada is open to all journalists and media outlets in Canada. We only ask that journalists pledge to uphold our Principles of Conduct, including a pledge to remain independent from the government.
- Independent Press Gallery of Canada’s Conservative Leadership Debate Cancelled May 20, 2022
- Independent Press Gallery of Canada to host Conservative Leadership Debate April 25, 2022
- Parliamentary Press Gallery’s consideration of Chinese state outlet is unconscionable January 19, 2022
- The Independent Press Gallery of Canada opposes federal plan to regulate online content September 28, 2021
- Statement from the President of the Independent Press Gallery September 8, 2020