The Independent Press Gallery of Canada (IPG) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to independent, non-governmental journalist organisations. IPG helps protect the rights of journalists and promote a culture of free and independent media in Canada.
Independent media is more important than ever.
Canadians deserve truthful, fair, accurate, neutral and balanced reports about our country and its governments.
Membership in the Independent Press Gallery of Canada is open to all journalists and media outlets in Canada. We only ask that journalists pledge to uphold our Principles of Conduct, including a pledge to remain independent from the government.
- Letter to Rachel Notley re: media access
- Independent Press Gallery of Canada’s Conservative Leadership Debate Cancelled
- Independent Press Gallery of Canada to host Conservative Leadership Debate
- Parliamentary Press Gallery’s consideration of Chinese state outlet is unconscionable
- The Independent Press Gallery of Canada opposes federal plan to regulate online content